the TRANS network is Launching 65 Transgender Youth Support Groups
Over the last couple of months, we have been working on developing groups around the United States, including Puerto Rico, for transgender youth between the ages of 18 and 24. These sixty (plus) groups are places that local transgender, transsexual, genderqueer, gender non conforming and nonbinary youth can chat about difficulties, promises, and joys. Our peer to peer and referral services will be available to anyone that is qualified.
All groups are accessible via a Facebook search or our website. Simply search on facebook for “Trans Youth Support in” and then type in the state or city you are looking for. We have a group in each state (You can find a list of the cities our groups are in below).
Deborah Gilgor is the Deputy Director of Transgender Youth Support Network Groups. Deborah manages the development and overall operations of the groups. She also recruits and manages volunteers, social workers and others that directly manage each group. Deborah can be reached via E-mail at DeborahGilgor@transnetworking.com.
We can use your support in the coming days, weeks and months as we continue to launch and develop this groups that are very important to transgender youth. There are several ways that you can assist with the enormous but greatly needed project. You can:
- Apply to volunteer to be a moderator
- Apply to volunteer for our Information Technology team (fill out the moderator application and put in IT in the more information field
- Share this information with your friends, circles, and networks
- Donate $10 to the TRANS network
- Most of all if you know of a person that may qualify to be a part of the group, please have them look up the group and request to join.
We are in all 50 states and the following cities (Search Trans Youth Support in:)